Have some wypipo that deserve some attention?
Send us an email! We receive submissions at [email protected].
As our mission states, we document racism published to social media platforms and messaging apps.
When you contact us, please include:
- Screenshots! These are the most important things to send us! (Be sure to include profile screenshots in case they deactivate their social media accounts before we get to your submission!)
- Please ensure screenshots have a legible font – no cursive, Comic Sans, etc.
- Links to the original comments/posts if possible
- Links to the social media profiles for those wypipo you’re submitting
- Any other pertinent information, social media profiles, etc.
- Please only submit one individual per submission (as multiple screenshots for multiple individuals in one email can become cumbersome). We are fine receiving multiple emails!
- Please do not send us reports of racism, photos, videos, etc. not posted to social media – our mission is explicitly to document racism on social media and messaging apps. Plenty of platforms exist to document every form of racism – keeping social media receipts is our niche.
- Profile screenshots/links must be (at a minimum) from the social media platform and account where the racist comments/images were originally published. (For instance, if a person posts something to Instagram, we need a link to or screenshot of their Instagram profile. We’ll gladly accept information on their other social media information as well, but the original platform profile information is required.)
- Please do not send us obvious anonymous troll accounts. (Our mission is to document racism on social media platforms to hold individuals accountable for their words, and anonymous/troll accounts cannot be tied to an individual).
- We do not publish information someone couldn’t publicly find on a person’s social media profile (phone numbers, addresses, etc.).
- If you send us a comment captured from a livestream (such as a local news stream on Facebook), include a capture of their profile and a link to that profile. We do not have the resources to comb through thousands of comments to find a profile from these streams.
- If a comment requires context (such as a photo original post), please include a screenshot of the original post as well. We can redact names as necessary.
- If you want your submission added to a specific category, please mention it in your submission. Currently, we are tracking public figures, law enforcement & military, educators, medical professionals, LGBTQ racists, and within that group, racist bears and porn stars per requests from submitters. (For additional categories, please reach out to us and let us know!)
- If the wypipo you’re submitting have been the subject of news coverage, please include links to that coverage for inclusion in the profile.
- Please be sure screenshots are large enough for the text to be legible.